Monday 9 July 2012

A Guest on Monday Mandy Miller

Chalkboard Lady “who is she?”

Let me start by introducing myself, I am Mandy Miller A.K.A The Chalkboard Lady. Maxine asked me to write a guest blog for her. So here goes…

You may have seen chalkboards as you queue for your Latte or check out the specials in your local restaurant or Pub. You may even have pondered on who writes them! It’s probably someone like me who provides this secret service when no one is looking! I creep in, transform chalkboards and creep out again. Its a service that can give chalkboards impact and style and never fails time and time again to draw in customers. Whether its an A-Board outside on the pavement or a full wall menu, I write them.



My mission to transform tired, neglected chalkboards began when I was 18 and became a trainee signwriter. Right from the start I loved it and knew this was what I wanted to do. As my career progressed I built up the skills that would eventually lead me to take the leap and become Self-Employed.


It took me a couple of years to build my client base but as people got to know me word spread and more work followed. 15 years on I have a good little business with great loyal customers and plenty of new ones popping up along the way.

The last couple of years have been hard for the Pub Industry and led me to seek new customers. I now write Boards for Butchers, Florists, Cafes etc as well as my faithful Pubs! I also produce posters and do some murals and wall art.



Recently I have dipped my toe into the world of social media which is a great tool for any small business. Its been a bit of a learning curve but I embraced it with enthusiasm! It was through a small business networking online group that I met Maxine ( or Maggie as I call her, due to our love of Miss Philbin!!) We have built up a friendship and she is now one of my virtual buddies. So thanks Mags for this opportunity to tell my story xx




It is true that me and Mandy have built up a really good friendship via social media and she will definitely be getting an invite to my next big party in October! Check out Mandy's website at www.chalkboardlady.co.uk  Hope you like Mandy's blog post and if you run a business and would like to appear on my "A Guest on Monday" blog spot then let me know.

Keep smiling my friends

Mags..............I mean Max!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk