Monday 30 July 2012

A Guest on Monday Abi Yardimici

Today's Guest on Monday is a friend of mine. I met Abi through the usual business networking that all us busy business people do. We immediately got on and have become good friends. Abi runs The Cool Rule Company - a business that provides parents and carers a wondeful tool to help with those difficult toddler years. Have a read what Abi has to say


"Before we begin, I just want to make it clear that I am really rather chuffed. As a busy mum it’s not often I’m asked as a ‘guest’ anywhere, let alone on a very cool blog spot. So thank you Maxine, for this chance to tell the story of The Cool Rule Company.



Once upon a time there was a mum who decided it would be a good idea to combine parenthood and business . . . hang on, I don’t think I actually decided to do that. I can’t remember sitting down and signing a contract with myself. I’m not going to pretend there was a strategy if there wasn’t. Oh, what the hell, let’s just tell it like it is.
Six years ago, on a trip to Turkey, I found the man who was going to change the course of my life. And that he did. After an intense but wonderful long-distance relationship, I moved over there to be with him. We got married and before I knew it, I was barefoot, pregnant and in a hot, hot kitchen.




Our first son changed everything. As babies do. Not only was I living in a different culture in a climate that made me want to bask permanently in ice cubes, but I was a mummy now. I’d joined a new club. And I’d signed up without reading the small print.
I remember being struck by the extreme highs and lows of this new vocation. One minute swooning with love for my baby and the next minute feeling helpless, clueless, alone. Nobody said it would be like this.
And then came the toddler years. Ouch. At what point exactly does your child morph from a cooing angel into a relentless, stubborn little rugrat? And why does nobody warn you about that?



We'd jetted back to the UK by the time my second son came into the world, and I thought my older son, now nearly three, was starting to come out of this phase. Maybe the naughty spot could take a holiday. How wrong I was. This new arrival was clearly awesome as well as alarming for him. Now that was a conflict of emotions I could identify with.
And that’s when the Cool Rule Book was created. My son needed patience, love and compassion as well as a good dose of humour. So we took photos of all the things, people and places he knew well and stuck them in a scrapbook alongside rules for him to follow. Share nicely with your friends. Brush your teeth every day. Remember how much you are loved.



The Cool Rule Book was a hit. It reminded my husband and I how to be consistent, and how to stay calm but firm. It showed my son all that was expected of him and enabled him to celebrate everything he was good at.
Other parents wanted a piece of the Cool Rule action. So a trial began. A very successful trial. And then a business plan. And that’s when the combining of parenthood and business stealthily crept in. I didn’t invite it. It crept in. Sneaky, eh?
So now I run The Cool Rule Company and sell my creation, The Cool Rule Book to parents and carers who want to celebrate happy living with their little ones. It’s all about allowing your child creativity and freedom within fair boundaries. Oh, and giving yourself a helping hand too.



You can find out more about The Cool Rule Book and The Cool Rule Company by visiting the website, www.thecoolrulecompany.co.uk. or following the blog: www.coolruleantics.blogspot.co.uk "


Well I hope you've all enjoyed what Abi has to say about her journey on running her business. You can also follow The Cool Rule Company on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheCoolRuleCompany Pop across and say hi to Abi - she is genuinely lovely lady!

Don't forget too that if you do have small people running around and you need to organise a stress free party then all you need is Life's A Celebration! We're here to help you! If you want to chat to me directly about your next party be it for a small person or a little person or a person that has not yet arrived then all you need to do is get in touch you know I'm always more than happy to help!

Keep smiling

Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk