Tuesday 29 January 2013

Memories, my mum and Malory Towers


Hi there everyone,

If you read my previous blog you will know that my daughter has just turned 8 (with a massive party to boot!). For Christmas she got the full set of Enid Blyton's Malory Towers books. We have started to read these books.

I have to say that reading these books to her has brought back so many memories for me. I remember my mum reading these books to me as an 8 year old and then I remember reading them myself again and again. I thought I had forgotten all the story lines but it's amazing how they're all flooding back to me as I read them to my little girl. The characters are great and the story lines engaging. There is even additional books now written by Pamela Cox in 2009. These follow the adventures of Darryl's sister Felicity at Malory Towers. Having never read these I am looking forward to getting to this part of the series and judging by the way we are whipping through the books it won't be long before we get there.

The front cover illustration has changed from when I was a girl but the stories are just the same! If you have a little girl then I can totally recommend these books.



Reading Malory Towers got me thinking about how history does really repeat itself. My mum read them to me and now I'm reading them to my daughter. I wonder if when my little girl becomes a mum herself she will read them to her children. I really hope she does.

If, like mine, your mum deserves a special treat this Mothers Day then coming soon Life's A Celebration will have some gorgeous Mothers Day bags.

Maxine
x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk