Friday 5 August 2011

New beginnings and having "The Fear"

Hello my lovelies,
I have one week left before I get made redundant and have established my own business providing parties in a box that get delivered to your door. Having worked at the same place for many years I was very much enjoying a comfort zone. I knew the job, I knew the people and, probably more importantly if I'm honest,  they knew me. But now I've got "The Fear". That is, a sense of the unknown that stretches before me and that I am the maker of my own destiny (or something like that anyway!) and this fills me with complete dread.
Starting my own business has been quite a learning curve but I can honestly say I've enjoyed every minute. Don't get me wrong, there have been times when things have annoyed me or something has happened that didn't quite go to plan but knowing that ultimately you are creating your own path is really quite uplifting.
My website launched in May www.personalisedparties.co.uk and over the course of the last 6 weeks things have really started to happen. Having sampled life self employed (albeit for just a short time) I can honestly say it is the hardest work I have ever done. I rarely get to bed before 12 because I'm packing party boxes or filling activity bags or doing paperwork but I absolutely LOVE IT. There's something that feels very good about doing it for yourself.
Don't get me wrong people, deciding to take the redundancy at work was not an easy decision (especially because I have a small mouth to feed) and I still worry about the fact that I won't have that reliable cheque every month but not once have I ever thought I was making the wrong decision.
So c'mon people let's all fill our lives with "The Fear". However failing that or you don't want to, don't forget about our fabulous parties and then we can all celebrate the fear together!!
See you soon
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk