Friday 28 September 2012

Memories

We're continuing to celebrate 'Baby Month' here at Life's A Celebration and todays guest blogger is Joanna from Inspirations. Take a look at what she has to say and there's even a discount at the bottom of the blog! Love it!


My name is Joanna and I’m the owner of Inspirations, a family owned and run online gift and card shop.   

 


 
With all the technology available today, it’s easy to take photos and videos and have a record of you and your baby that way.  My dad is constantly taking photos of my two girls; he said to me he wishes he had taken more photos of us as kids.  It’s also a good idea too to record when and where the photos were taken.  Photos and videos are hugely important, but what about other ways of remembering important times?  Memory boxes are a great way to keep special things like scan photos and particularly in the first few months quite handy too, when you’re up to your eyes in nappies, tired from lack of sleep and in the full throws of baby brain they are great for keeping everything safe in one place.


 

I am a convert, I love memory boxes.  I have one which I use to keep my special mementoes in.  I have my ticket to see Swan Lake ballet, my entry ticket to see the Pyramids and all sorts of other things – each with a little story.  I don’t keep everything, just little reminders!

Both my Daughters have a treasured memories box.  They have their first shoes, first drawings, a shell from their first visit to the beach.  My eldest Daughter is 3½ and she’s started bringing things home from nursery, my favourite so far is the Olympic medals they’ve made in clay!  You see I have a ’romantic’  vision of the future, sitting with the kids snuggled by a warm fire, with a lovely mug of hot chocolate, box of chocolates (chocolate always features!) going through their boxes, telling the tales of when they were little, showing them their ‘treasures’.  The reality may be a little different, but I hope they’ll appreciate it when they’re older.

 
 
 I love gorgeous gifts and creating special handmade products, I love it when people put thought in to the gifts and cards they send, especially when they are for a special occasion.   Births, christening / naming day, first birthday and first Christmas are all special milestones.   It’s with this in mind that we aim to create a gorgeous range of handmade memory boxes, birth and christening cards which can be personalised with names and dates.  All are made to order in house and dispatched within a few days.  To complement our range of handmade products, we also stock a range of gifts including money boxes, photo frames and ornaments.

 


 
To celebrate Baby Month we’re giving everyone 10% off their order, enter the code BABYMONTH at the checkout to receive your discount.   I hope you have fun filling your box and creating memories to share together in the years to come!



Thanks Joanna - another brilliant guest blog! Don't forget that if you have got a Baby Shower coming up Life's A Celebration currently has a competition running to win a party box for 7 people. Just visit our website to enter. Good luck!

See you soon.

Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk