Friday 13 January 2012

Friday Fun - Baby Shower recipes

As you know we’re celebrating all things new here at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk and as such there’s 20% off our Baby Shower party boxes throughout the whole month of January. To celebrate our baby showers I thought I would provide you with a couple of recipe ideas for light finger food that you might like to use for your next baby shower (or any other kind of party really!).
 
Our baby shower party boxes contain everything you need for a super baby shower. They are designed to save you time and money. In fact I spent a lot of time yesterday researching how much my baby shower party box for 10 people would cost you if you went out and bought it all separately. I stopped counting at £93 and I hadn’t even factored in all the things that are contained in my box (I also include some recipe ideas and ‘Mocktail’ recipes). I had to go to 3 different online retailers and various shops. Just researching it took me all afternoon. I wouldn’t like to think how much time it would take to actually plan a baby shower! So why not make you life easy and just swing by my website, tell me how many guests you have coming and I’ll do the rest. Everything you need is included from tableware to decorations to music, to games to prizes to recipe ideas and loads more!
 

Anyway here are the recipes for you to enjoy. These, and many more, come as standard in my baby shower party box.
 
Halloumi and Bacon rolls
You will need; 250g block halloumi cheese, 10 rashers pancetta or smoked streaky bacon, 1 tbsp chopped chives.
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut the halloumi cheese into 20 sticks, stretch each rasher of pancetta with the back of a knife, then cut in half. Season the pancetta with just black pepper, then sprinkle with the chopped chives.2. Roll the pancetta around the halloumi in a spiral and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until the pancetta is brown and beginning to crisp.

Easy cheese & onion slice
You will need; 600g baking potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks), 300g mature cheddar (200g grated, 100g cubed), pinch cayenne pepper, large bunch spring onions (finely sliced), 1 egg (beaten), 500g pack all-butter puff pastry, jar caramelised red onions (to serve)
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Boil potatoes for 15 mins until tender, then drain well and smash a little. Cool slightly.Mix the cheese, cayenne and onions with the smashed potatoes and stir to make a mouldable filling. Roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 25 x 35cm. Carefully lift onto a baking sheet and brush all over with beaten egg.Press the cheese mix along one of the long sides of the pastry, leaving 2cm pastry free on one side for sealing, and half of the pastry empty on the other side for folding over later. Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, before trimming with a knife and sealing well by pressing the edges with a fork.Brush with egg and bake for 30 mins. Cool, then slice and serve with caramelised red onions. Can be made 1 day ahead.

Hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know if you try them and how you get on. If your friend is pregnant and you want to throw her the most perfect baby shower then get in touch. I guarantee our baby shower party boxes will save you time and money!
 
Keep smiling my friends.
 
Max
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk